miércoles, 9 de octubre de 2019

Easter Is Cancelled, tema a tema por The Darkness

En el facebook oficial del grupo están poniendo comentarios de los dos hermanos de cada tema, aquí iré agrupándolos...

Justin on ‘Rock And Roll Deserves To Die’:

“We were watching a video of a band and it was just terrible. Dan just looked at it and went, ‘Rock’n’roll deserves to die.’ And we went, ‘That right there’s a song.’”

Dan & Justin on ‘How Can I Lose Your Love’:

Dan Hawkins: “Stylistically and emotionally, it’s just big and epic. The guitars are really loud on that tune. In fact, everything is really loud. It draws you in, builds you up, then hits the brake.”

Justin: “I suppose this song is describing a relationship where it got away from me and I was helpless. I felt like I was trying to rescue it, but after a while you wonder if it’s worth saving. I’ve been in that position more than once. Sometimes I’ve been the one that’s created the collapse, sometimes I’ve been the victim of the collapse. I hate it when people say, ‘no regrets’, because you don’t learn anything. You’re doomed to repeat the same stuff. Everyone should have regrets.”

Dan & Justin on 'Live 'til I Die':

Dan: “That song has been around since before ​Permission To Land​. We played it at really early gigs. We tried recording it for every album, but it never worked. The difference is that Rufus plays on it. He does these amazing Keith Moon-style fills in the part of the song that needed filling. And crucially he gradually speeds the track up, on purpose, of course. That’s what all the great drummers do. And there was none of this click track shit.”

Justin: “It's talking about my relationship with music and with my dad. It has the potential to be really dark, but it's got what it needs to drive it through that.”

Frankie on 'Deck Chair':

“I tend to gravitate towards melancholic guitar playing – the guys describe it as my French jazz stuff. I had this bit of music, I didn’t think they would like, but Justin just latched into it. He added some great pars on the Mellotron, and his vocal just blew us away.”

Rufus on 'Easter Is Cancelled':

“That the last song we wrote. We needed a fast one. So Dan and I were given that challenge. We had a day of jamming. It was one of those things where we just sat down and bang – the first thing we played became the first four bars of the finished song.”

Justin & Dan on 'Heavy Metal Lover':

Justin: “I wanted to make a love song about someone who has a particular area of expertise: in this case death metal. I’ve been with people who listen to that stuff, and I appreciate bits of Obituary and Cannibal Corpse. It’s affectionate. It’s sympathetic. There’s a lot of joy in it. And it ties in with ‘Rock And Roll Deserves To Die’ – it’s the only form of rock music that’s challenging anything and pushing boundaries.”

Dan: “There’s a rap section in the middle and we all had a go at it. We dressed up as street as we could for it – caps backwards, the whole thing. Frankie had a full velvet Adidas tracksuit with the hood up and shades. He was taking it really seriously.”

Dan on 'In Another Life':

“I really like that song. It went through loads of different changes while we were trying to work out what it was we wanted to do with it. And we found it just from giving ourselves the freedom in the studio to jam. It came out one late night – ‘Let’s try slowing it down, playing it almost like a grown-up country song.’ It turned
out brilliantly.”

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario